Potential Kreutz-group comet 2021 June 19

Worachate

Hello all,

I see a possible Kreutz comet in C3 here.

Images: C3; 1024x1024 images.
(0,0) Upper Left.
2021-06-19
2006 603 680
2018 603 679
2030 603 678
2042 603 677
2118 603 673
2130 603 672
2142 603 671
2154 603 669
2206 603 668

Regards,
Worachate Boonplod

Robert Pickard

Greetings Worachate, I will attempt a confirmation as soon as possible. I only have C2 FITS available at the moment. Coordinates consistent, and looks to become a bright comet based on the Y-value of 680.

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021, 5:23 PM Worachate <worachateb@...> wrote:
Hello all,

I see a possible Kreutz comet in C3 here.

Images: C3; 1024x1024 images.
(0,0) Upper Left.
2021-06-19
2006 603 680
2018 603 679
2030 603 678
2042 603 677
2118 603 673
2130 603 672
2142 603 671
2154 603 669
2206 603 668

Regards,
Worachate Boonplod

Worachate

It's actually faint at the moment, will be much dimmer than the brightest Kreutz that appeared earlier this month.

Worachate

Robert Pickard

Yeah I see now, the coordinates are for marginal brightness at best.

I can confirm this comet, congrats!

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021, 5:33 PM Worachate <worachateb@...> wrote:
It's actually faint at the moment, will be much dimmer than the brightest Kreutz that appeared earlier this month.

Worachate

Worachate

Thank you Robert,

I expect it to enter C2 in June 20 around 7-8 UT.

Worachate

Robert Pickard

Thats cool, Ill be waiting for it to arrive.