Help with old comet report

Peter Berrett

Hi again

If someone is feeling generous I also have another report from that time in a similar situation. It looks real but was never confirmed.

cheers Peter

On 18/07/2021 11:01 pm, Peter Berrett wrote:

Hi everyone

Could you please help me with an old comet report?

On 25 February 2021 I reported the following comet. It was never confirmed.

I went back and looked at the positions again and I think it has a good chance of being real. Can you please have a look at the positions and let me know what you think? If you agree that it is real then I will ask Karl to have another look at it.

Thanks

Peter Berrett

Robert Pickard

Ill give them a look

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021, 8:26 AM Peter Berrett <p.berrett@...> wrote:

Hi again

If someone is feeling generous I also have another report from that time in a similar situation. It looks real but was never confirmed.

cheers Peter

On 18/07/2021 11:01 pm, Peter Berrett wrote:

Hi everyone

Could you please help me with an old comet report?

On 25 February 2021 I reported the following comet. It was never confirmed.

I went back and looked at the positions again and I think it has a good chance of being real. Can you please have a look at the positions and let me know what you think? If you agree that it is real then I will ask Karl to have another look at it.

Thanks

Peter Berrett

Attachments:

Peter Berrett

Thanks

On 19/07/2021 5:21 pm, Robert Pickard wrote:
[...]

Worachate

Hello Peter,

I don't think both of them are real.

2020-03-08 : Coordinates are inconsistent. If you connect them, it's not moving in straight or curve line.
2020-01-20 : Coordinates may not look too bad. The problem of this object is inconsistency of morphology.
If real objects are moving along the trajectories of both of them on that dates, they are non-group, not Marsden.

Worachate

Peter Berrett

Thanks Worachate