Potential C3 Kreutz-group comet 2021 October 7

Worachate

Hello all,

I see a possible Kreutz comet in C3 here.

Images: C3; 1024x1024 images.
(0,0) Upper Left.
2021-10-07

2018 690 760
2030 688 758
2118 680 752
2130 678 750
2142 676 747

I would like to note that this comet is moving along predicted Kreutz III path. If real, it may be destroyed before reaching C2.

Regards,
Worachate Boonplod

Robert Pickard

Curses.... But good job. (If it is real, I have just been defeated to it).

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021, 4:56 PM Worachate <worachateb@...> wrote:
Hello all,

I see a possible Kreutz comet in C3 here.

Images: C3; 1024x1024 images.
(0,0) Upper Left.
2021-10-07

2018 690 760
2030 688 758
2118 680 752
2130 678 750
2142 676 747

I would like to note that this comet is moving along predicted Kreutz III path. If real, it may be destroyed before reaching C2.

Regards,
Worachate Boonplod

Robert Pickard

I think your report is of a real object, I see it at 2206 at 670 740. But the evolution of it is rather odd,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021, 4:59 PM Robert Pickard via groups.io <rpickard1997=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Curses.... But good job. (If it is real, I have just been defeated to it).

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021, 4:56 PM Worachate <worachateb@...> wrote:
Hello all,

I see a possible Kreutz comet in C3 here.

Images: C3; 1024x1024 images.
(0,0) Upper Left.
2021-10-07

2018 690 760
2030 688 758
2118 680 752
2130 678 750
2142 676 747

I would like to note that this comet is moving along predicted Kreutz III path. If real, it may be destroyed before reaching C2.

Regards,
Worachate Boonplod

Worachate

There is also a chance that this comet is Kreutz IIa, so the survival chance to reach C2 maybe better?

Regards,
Worachate Boonplod

Robert Pickard

Pretty sure it will make it. It just brightened out of nowhere

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021, 5:51 PM Worachate <worachateb@...> wrote:

There is also a chance that this comet is Kreutz IIa, so the survival chance to reach C2 maybe better?

Regards,
Worachate Boonplod

Attachments:

"常德-奥尔特云

Edited

picture size: 1024 * 1024

picture name position
20211007_2306_c3.gif (647,747)
20211007_2318_c3.gif (646,744)
20211007_2342_c3.gif (642,740)
20211007_2354_c3.gif (640,738)
20211008_0006_c3.gif (637,736)
20211008_0018_c3.gif (636,735)
20211008_0030_c3.gif (634,732)

hua.su

Robert Pickard

I cannot see anything definite at the said positions other than noise. If this is real, it is very faint and at the noise level, therefore I cannot confirm this.

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021, 12:01 AM "常德-奥尔特云 <suhuasky@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

picture size: 1024 * 1024

picture name position
20211007_2306_c3.gif (647,747)
20211007_2318_c3.gif (646,744)
20211007_2342_c3.gif (642,740)
20211007_2354_c3.gif (640,738)
20211008_0006_c3.gif (637,736)
20211008_0018_c3.gif (636,735)
20211008_0030_c3.gif (634,732)

hua.su

"常德-奥尔特云

Edited

The website where I downloaded the picture has a deviation from the picture coordinates of another website. https://sohoftp.nascom.nasa.gov/incoming/lasco/rtmovie_png/?C=M;O=D
https://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/data/REPROCESSING/Completed/2021/c3/?C=M;O=D,Re-reported the goal of Worachate Boonplod.
sorry, Retracting my endorsement
hau.su

Robert Pickard

Yeah, I think that explains it, the known comet was nearby the coordinates.

I used the GIF images for your coordinates.

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021, 12:37 AM "常德-奥尔特云 <suhuasky@...> wrote:
The website where I downloaded the picture has a deviation from the picture coordinates of another website. https://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/data/REPROCESSING/Completed/2021/c3/?C=M;O=D https://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/data/REPROCESSING/Completed/2021/,Re-reported the goal of Worachate Boonplod.
sorry,
hau.su

Robert Pickard

Going to enter C2 very soon, in 30 minutes or less. Appears to be disintegrating, nevertheless I shall recover it.