Potential archive comet

Peter Berrett

Hi all

The server is down so I am not sure whether this has been reported before or not. if so I will be happy to withdraw it.

Here are the details of an archive Non-group comet.

Image number 3
Images: C2; 1024x1024 images
(0,0) Upper Left
20180529

0212   343  113
0224   341  102
0236   339  92
0248   338  82
0312   336  61
0324   335  50

There were two Meyer reports on this date for soho 3975 and 3976. The positions are different for soho 3976 so its not that. I cant get the positions for soho 3975 however I not that the comet is drifting to the left so I think it is a non-group comet whcih woudl mean it woudl not be soho 3975.

cheers Peter

Robert Pickard

The path follows my Meyer track for late May, so my guess is a Meyer comet.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, 1:29 AM Peter Berrett <p.berrett@...> wrote:

[...]

(In late May, the Meyer group is heading upwards, with a slight tilt to the left)

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, 1:32 AM Robert Pickard <rpickard1997@...> wrote:
[...]

Does anyone have the positions for soho 3975?

cheers Peter

On 10/03/2022 6:32 pm, Robert Pickard wrote:
[...]

I will check it out. Surely it will be on the archived site versions

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, 1:34 AM Peter Berrett <p.berrett@...> wrote:
[...]

Out of luck, this is a known comet found by Worachate Boonplod.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022, 1:36 AM Robert Pickard via groups.io <rpickard1997=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Ok Thanks I withdraw my claim.

cheers Peter