Potential comet in C3 2022-03-21

xuzhijianlh@...

Hi all,

The report page is not available, so I report here.

picture size: 1024 * 1024

picture name position
20220321_1453_c3.gif (295,676)
20220321_1532_c3.gif (303,671)
20220321_1542_c3.gif (304,670)
20220321_1554_c3.gif (306,668)
20220321_1606_c3.gif (308,666)
20220321_1618_c3.gif (309,665)

Zhijian

Robert Pickard

Cheers, I emailed this to Karl, but it seems to be later than your post on here, but it seems we both reported the same object.

3/21 C3 Kreutz

1554 303 670
1606 305 668
1618 307 666
1630 309 664

Whatever I am tracking, *maybe* it can be real, but I am not 100% sure right now. It could easily be a noise. I do see something faint there, though.

Robert Pickard

I think we have both reported a noise.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022, 12:34 PM Robert Pickard via groups.io <rpickard1997=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Cheers, I emailed this to Karl, but it seems to be later than your post on here, but it seems we both reported the same object.

3/21 C3 Kreutz

1554 303 670
1606 305 668
1618 307 666
1630 309 664

Whatever I am tracking, *maybe* it can be real, but I am not 100% sure right now. It could easily be a noise. I do see something faint there, though.

Worachate

Hello Zhijian and Robert,

The comet looks real to me. I can see it until a few hours later, I will endorse it.

Regards,
Worachate Boonplod

xuzhijianlh@...

Hi Worachate,

Thank you for your confirmation, and more positions of the come as follow:

20220321_1630_c3.gif (312,663)
20220321_1654_c3.gif (317,660)
20220321_1730_c3.gif (324,656)
20220321_1742_c3.gif (326,654)
20220321_1854_c3.gif (339,644)
20220321_1942_c3.gif (350,637)
20220321_2006_c3.gif (354,634)
20220321_2030_c3.gif (360,630)
20220321_2042_c3.gif (363,628)
20220321_2154_c3.gif (379,617)

Zhijian

Robert Pickard

Pretty faint in the FITS later in the sequence had me thinking I saw a noise.

I guess the fate of my report depends on what Karl says in regards to joint credit. The rules are a little different when the site is down, we shall see what he says.